One of the main reasons I prefer to eat out all the time is because I’m lazy. However, there are times that I’m too lazy to even get dressed and go out so I have no choice but to cook. I like to keep my time in the kitchen as short as possible with minimal work and even less dishes to wash after the whole ordeal of cooking. The longest amount of time I have ever spent in the kitchen was when my mom was making her awesome Shrimp Sambal (with coconut rice!!!) and I was sitting on the counter, eagerly waiting for the food to be ready while taking in all the glorious aromas. Sadly though, I will eventually have to move out and just so I know I’ve got myself covered and give my mom peace of mind that I can survive alone, I have a few recipes that use 5 ingredients or less and take probably less than 30 minutes (including clean up!!).
The recipe for the Tomato Confit Pasta has only 3 main ingredients, 2 pots to wash up and takes only 15 minutes of your time, including clean up.
Baba’s Kitchen Tomato Confit
Any type of Pasta you prefer
*You will also need Oil and Salt because you can’t cook anything without these two things
1. Boil water in a pot. To make sure the pasta doesn’t stick together, don’t forget to add in a drop or two of oil and a pinch of salt. (If you prefer more salt, go ahead, salt adds flavor to the pasta)
2. In another pan, put a drop or two of oil, throw in your chopped garlic and mix it around so it cooks evenly.
3. Once the garlic is translucent, put in some of Baba’s Kitchen Tomato Confit (take note that this already gas garlic slivers so don’t be surprised – it only adds more flavor, trust me)
4. When the pasta is ready, drain it, then put the pasta in the same pan as the garlic and tomato confit
5. Mix it all together and serve.
Optional: You can garnish with Black Pepper and/or Parmesan Cheese
This is one of my go to recipes when I’m feeling extra lazy! Sometimes, I add a drop or two of Truffle oil so I can have a Truffled Tomato Confit Pasta in my room while I binge watch television shows. It makes me feel really fancy and I love it. I love not having to make my own Tomato Confit, Baba’s Kitchen makes it so easy for lazy people like me and I couldn’t be more thankful. Quality food with absolutely no effort!